Thursday, September 15, 2011

Preschool


                                      Landan getting ready for school.  I think he was excited!



Here he is ready to learn!

Last week Landan started school.  He goes to preschool Tues, Wed, Thurs, for only three hours.  I was a wreak last week.  I was really worried that he was going to have major separation anxiety.  I expected him to throw major fits when I left, so for weeks ahead of time I worked with him to avoid this at all costs.
When that Thursday came, we all got ready and actually got out on time and worked our way over to school.  He was a champ!  He didn't get at all upset, he actually left me just fine.  So I ran out the door!  However, when I went to pick him up, I was completely sideswiped with a totally different issue I hadn't expected.  He apparently had four temper tantrums that morning.  When Landan throws a fit, everyone within a mile radius knows that Landan is upset.  When his teacher told me, all of my excitement from the morning goodbyes was deflated.  I knew there was going to be a transition period, but four fits in three hours is crazy!  We had to talk and talk we did.  All weekend we talked about how big boys use words and talk about what they are feeling and not scream about it.  We talked about how our actions affect others around us.  On Sunday night, after three days of talking about his bad day, Landan decided that he wanted to "try school again" (his words).  Tuesday comes and goes (with crazy anticipation all morning) and when I go to pick him up, his teacher tells me that she is amazed at his change!  I am thrilled at this news.  I am very hopeful of great changes in him this year and I cannot believe just how different he is in just one week!

2 comments:

  1. You are an incredible Mother, Jamie. Your patience with Landan amazes me. Your unconditional love and willingness to help him grow is going to help him see how much God loves him. (I am feeling oddly emotional as I write this :)) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you are Landan's biggest fan! Love you:)

    ReplyDelete