Wednesday, February 22, 2012

one year later...

Happy Birthday Ethan and Evan!  It is hard to believe that my babies are already one!  This has honestly been the fastest, longest year of my life.  I have found myself over the past 24 hours thinking about that day last year and the big moments over the past year.
I have been craving Panera's Bacon Turkey Bravo!  My first meal after they were born.
I thought about the first time Landan and Carson were with them and that Carson didn't go to sleep that night until after midnight.
I remembered a major meltdown I had about 10 days after they were born, fearing things would never be  what I thought "normal" was again.
I remembered our first outing as the six of us and how long it took us to get ready and how proud of us all I was.
I thought about how great it was when the big boys were able to tell the twins apart.
I remembered the first time Lucas kept all four boys alone.  I thought about how incredible it was that I was able to get out and great it felt that I had a hubby who could care for four small children.
I laugh at the looks, questions and comments I have gotten over the year.
I remember how I learned how to survive in my new "normal" and then to actually thrive in our new "normal"
I remember that day to Target just the five of us and how liberating it was to try it on my own.
I love thinking about Ethan and Evan learning to do new things it seems like everyday.  Growing into little men and changing all the time.

I can honestly say that my life has been eternally changed by these little men.  I am so grateful to God for giving me the opportunity to be their mom.  I pray all the time that I can be what He wants me to be for them to help them become more what He wants them to be and all that I believe they can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment